Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
Discover News By District
Community Engagement Opportunity
Get ready for a ‘surreal turn’ at this year’s Art-O-Rama
Monday, April 17, 2023 by Bob Sechler
The Dougherty Arts Center will be doing its part to remind people “what makes Austin such a weird and wonderful place” during its fourth annual Art-O-Rama, which takes place from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 13. The free event “is taking a seriously surreal turn,” according to organizers. It will include interactive art installations, hands-on activities and live performance art. Mystica Fiora, Will Schutze, Devin Dances, Polly Mermaid and Jaime Ospina of Superfónicos will be among the artists participating. The event is open to all ages. Registration is encouraged and you can do so here, although it isn’t required. For more information, visit AustinTexas.gov/ArtORama.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?