About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Garza expecting the best
Friday, February 6, 2015 by Jo Clifton
Congratulations to District 2 City Council Member Delia Garza and her husband, Ramiro Martinez Jr. Garza confirmed Thursday that she is indeed pregnant. Garza, still looking very svelte, said the baby is due in mid-May. Garza said she still has plenty of energy, which she will need in the coming months. She is hosting a town hall meeting at Perez Elementary School, 7500 S. Pleasant Valley Road, from 10 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?