Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
Fourth of July fireworks closures
Monday, July 3, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
The Austin Symphony Orchestra website says it all: “Spend this Independence Day with 100,000 of your closest friends!” Tomorrow’s H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert and Fireworks kicks off at 8:30 p.m. at Vic Mathias Shores. Under the bright lights, the symphony will play patriotic classics such as “The Star-Spangled Banner,” “Liberty Fanfare,” and “The Stars and Stripes Forever.” With all that excitement comes the traditional road closures. Riverside Drive, from Lamar Boulevard to South First Street, closes beginning at 9 a.m. Cesar Chavez Street between MoPac and Congress Avenue closes at 5 p.m. Those are all due to be open again by midnight. For more information, including trail closures, visit the symphony’s website.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?