Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Foundation announces grant opportunities
Monday, August 5, 2019 by Tai Moses
The Austin Community Foundation has just put out a request for proposals for its Hispanic Impact Fund, which provides grants to nonprofits that are working to support the economic security of Hispanic and Latino communities in Central Texas. This fall, the foundation will be awarding $180,000 in combined grants to six nonprofits focused on early childhood education, health and wellness, and job skills and entrepreneurship. Last year’s grantees were Todos Juntos, AVANCE-Austin, Volunteer Healthcare Clinic, El Buen Samaritano Episcopal Mission, Economic Growth Business Incubator and Con Mi MADRE. The deadline to apply is Aug. 23. Find all the details here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?