Sections

About Us

 
Make a Donation
Fully-Local • Non-Partisan • Public-Service Journalism
 

Everybody’s doing it

Thursday, October 27, 2016 by Nora Ankrum

Civic participation in Travis County showed no signs of slowing down on the third day of early voting as, yet again, a record-breaking number of people headed to the polls. In total, 34,590 people, or 5.14 percent of the county’s registered voters, cast ballots at early voting locations yesterday. In line with the pattern from Monday and Tuesday, that figure more than doubles the number of early voters (15,384, or 2.79 percent) who cast ballots on this day in the 2012 election. In total, 16.86 percent of the county’s registered voters have cast their ballots so far, with eight days of early voting still remaining ahead of the Nov. 8 election. For those of you in the remaining 83.14 percent, information on early voting locations is available here, along with sample ballots and other handy info.

Join Your Friends and Neighbors

We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?

Back to Top