About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Garza makes major changes to city organization
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Everhart leaving mayor’s office for ABoR
Monday, December 4, 2017 by Jo Clifton
Amy Everhart, currently the director of public affairs for Mayor Steve Adler, will be joining the Austin Board of Realtors in January in a newly created position, which will coincidentally be called “director of public affairs.” Everhart said she will be managing both communications and government affairs employees in her new position. She said she had not been looking for a job but the opportunity was just too good to pass up when it was offered. Everhart worked for Mayor Lee Leffingwell for several years and
was part of supported Mike Martinez’s unsuccessful campaign for mayor in 2014. ABoR CEO Paul Hilgers is leaving the organization at the end of the year. A national search for a new CEO is now underway.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?