Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- ABOR report highlights striking disparities in housing affordability
- As Austin grows, real estate leaders look at state of city’s character, reputation
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
Discover News By District
Early voting momentum continues
Friday, October 28, 2016 by Nora Ankrum
Travis County voters continued to break records on Thursday, the fourth day of early voting for the Nov. 8 election, as 31,217 people cast their ballots at early voting locations, nearly doubling the number (15,828) from that day in the 2012 election. The day’s complete vote count, 34,227 (or 4.7 percent of registered voters), also included mail-in and limited ballots as well as ballots cast at mobile voting locations. In total, 154,232 people had cast ballots by the time the polls closed Thursday night, or 21.16 percent of the county’s registered voters, with seven days of early voting still to go. For voters who have yet to make it to the polls, information on early voting locations is available here, along with sample ballots and other useful info. For anyone wishing to cast a mail-in ballot, today is the deadline to apply. More information on that is available here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?