About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
Discover News By District
Downtown block to be temporarily closed for construction
Friday, May 1, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
Starting Saturday, the eastbound vehicle and bicycle lanes on the 100 block of East Third Street between Congress Avenue and Brazos Street will be closed during installation of parking islands on the south side of East Third Street, reducing that block to a single, westbound vehicle lane. Existing street parking on the block’s south side will be closed during the duration of this work as well. Immediately following the construction’s completion, the westbound vehicle and bicycle lanes will be closed to install a barrier curb along the bicycle lane on the north side of the street. Officials expect the work to take approximately three weeks.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?