Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- Barton Springs bridge gets new rules
Discover News By District
Dove Springs rec center closed for one year
Friday, July 13, 2018 by Katy McElroy
The Dove Springs Recreation Center closed on Monday to begin renovations, which are expected to take a full year. The Parks and Recreation Department is using funding from the 2012 GO bond to expand the 18,000-square-foot building to add flexible spaces for extended programming, and also make improvements to the associated park and playscape. Much of the center’s programming, such as summer camps and senior programs, has been moved to other locations: Visit www.austintexas.gov/DoveSprings for information on specific programs. Open-space areas, such as trails, playscape, pool, sports fields and other open-space amenities will still be available to the public.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?