Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- Former city employee abused sick leave policy, audit says
- Manager, AFSCME at odds over mandates to return to offices
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Judge will see secret personnel file of Austin police officer charged with murder in Mike Ramos shooting death
Discover News By District
County seeks Protective Services Board members
Monday, June 5, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
The Travis County Children’s Protective Services Board currently has several vacancies. The board is the link between the county’s Child Protective Service workers and the public, and it advocates for children in the community by raising awareness about the issues facing them. The Travis County Commissioners Court is accepting applications to fill those three-year board terms. The ideal candidate would have knowledge about current child welfare issues, a history of community involvement, legislative experience and be comfortable with budget wrangling. Board members must, of course, live in the county. The deadline to apply is 5 p.m. on Friday,
July 16 June 16. Download the application packet at www.traviscountytx.gov or call 512-854-4774 for more information.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?