About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- Former city employee abused sick leave policy, audit says
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Judge will see secret personnel file of Austin police officer charged with murder in Mike Ramos shooting death
- Austin is opening a temporary homeless shelter in Southeast Austin
Discover News By District
Council to take up marijuana resolution this afternoon
Thursday, January 23, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
Today is City Council’s first regular meeting of 2020, and they are kicking things off with, among other things, a resolution to effectively decriminalize marijuana in Austin. Unsurprisingly, that resolution is expected to be the big item and, according to a post on the City Council Message Board, Council will probably set a time certain for 4 p.m. For those unfamiliar with that term, that would mean that Council would take up the item no earlier than 4 p.m., though it could be later than that.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?