Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Council seeks Central Health board member
Wednesday, October 7, 2015 by Nora Ankrum
City Council is seeking qualified applicants for a position on the board of managers for Central Health, formerly known as the Travis County Healthcare District. Central Health works to create access to health care for uninsured, underinsured and low-income residents of Travis County, and the Council is looking for applicants who demonstrate a commitment to that mission in addition to meeting a list of other qualifications as well. The chosen applicant will serve a four-year term on the nine-member board beginning Jan. 1, 2016. Applicants must complete a Boards and Commissions application (either online or in person at the City Clerk’s Office), submit a resume describing their qualifications and write a statement of intent explaining why they want to serve on the board. The application deadline is Friday, Oct. 23 at 5 p.m.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?