About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Transit leaders preparing new Project Connect scenarios for March open house
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Google Fiber to expand presence in Travis County
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Council retreat, Ott evaluation, again postponed
Friday, May 13, 2016 by Jo Clifton
Mayor Steve Adler announced at the end of Thursday’s City Council meeting that he had been unable to find a date in May for all of his colleagues to get together for a retreat and to finish the evaluation of City Manager Marc Ott. Therefore, he said, he was now thinking that the retreat and evaluation would occur in mid-June. Adler said both the retreat and finishing the evaluation need to happen together because Council has to decide together “what are our goals and objectives for the manager.” Those will then become part of the evaluation form that will be used to evaluate Ott next year. Back in February, Council was planning to evaluate Ott on March 29.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?