Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Community views Blue Line bridge options
Wednesday, May 4, 2022 by Tai Moses
At a recent meeting, Project Connect staff presented two design options for the Blue Line bridge that will cross Lady Bird Lake near Riverside Drive, taking light-rail passengers from South Austin to downtown. Community members wanted to know whether the bridge will carry buses in addition to light rail, pedestrians and cyclists. According to a newsletter from Austin Transportation Department, the April 26 meeting showed what each option could look like and described its potential benefits and drawbacks. (Watch the video of that meeting.) The next Project Connect virtual meeting will cover the Combined Maintenance Facility, where the electric trains for the Blue and Orange lines will be serviced. “While the location of the facility is still to be determined, this meeting will focus on the facility’s function.” Tuesday, May 10, 5:30 p.m. Register here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?