Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Code red! Austin Code Department relocating
Thursday, April 25, 2019 by Tai Moses
The Austin Code Department is packing for a move. Code inspectors should be unpacked and ready to get back to business protecting the health and safety of the community in their new digs at 5202 E. Ben White Blvd. by June 3. The department doesn’t anticipate any disruptions to business, although there could be a slight delay in processing licenses and registrations. Phone numbers will remain unchanged. If this news has made you realize that you don’t appreciate your code inspectors as much as you should, visit the website and learn more about this vital city service.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?