About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Garza makes major changes to city organization
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
Discover News By District
- The process of implementing automated parking pay stations at Zilker is almost finished
- APD crime crackdown during SXSW resulted in multiple arrests and drug seizures
- It’s time to hurry up and get storm debris to the curb
- Bijan Robinson helps city raise awareness of water safety
- Council OKs plan for libraries
Clean Water Action endorsements revealed
Tuesday, September 20, 2022 by Jo Clifton
The environmental group Clean Water Action revealed its choices in a variety of City Council races on Monday. The group has endorsed Kirk Watson for mayor, Ken Craig for the District 5 Council seat, incumbent Paige Ellis to retain her District 8 Council seat, and Linda Guerrero for the District 9 seat. David Foster, who has retired but is still active with the group, told the Austin Monitor that Clean Water Action has not yet made a decision about endorsements in districts 1 and 3.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?