About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 by Elizabeth Pagano
According to our report yesterday, District 1 Council Member Natasha Harper-Madison had designs on removing four commissioners from city service. That may have been the plan, but city charter restrictions whittled that number down to three (a fact that was discovered following publication of our story). As a result, Board of Adjustment Member Bryan King will not be up for removal on Thursday, and is likely to continue his impressively long service on the quasi-judicial board.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?