About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
City offices closed for Memorial Day
Monday, May 30, 2016 by Elizabeth Pagano
In observance of Memorial Day, most city administrative offices and municipal facilities will be closed today. Those closures, for the curious, include City Council offices; recreation, senior and cultural centers; Austin Public Libraries and utility walk-in payment centers. Those looking for a full list of closures can check online here or call 311. City facilities on a normal schedule? Trash and recycling collection, pools, golf courses, tennis centers, Zilker Botanical Garden and Austin Nature and Science Center. Finally, “many downtown roads” will be closed for the Life Time Tri CapTex.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?