About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
City issues new orders for residents
Monday, July 6, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
Over the weekend, you probably got an alert about new face mask requirements in the state of Texas. In conjunction with that order, Austin has also issued new orders as all key indicators for coronavirus continue to rise. The full list of new regulations is online here. Of note, the new orders reaffirm that everyone (with limited exceptions) must wear face coverings and avoid social gatherings, and vulnerable individuals should avoid being in groups of more than two. In addition, the mayor’s orders ask that businesses operate at a lower capacity than permitted and maintain a log of customers to aid in tracking.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?