About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
Cemetery meeting scheduled
Friday, December 19, 2014 by Elizabeth Pagano
Next month, the city will hold its final Austin Cemetery Master Plan community meeting. At that meeting, cemetery master planners will present an overview of the proposal and its findings and recommendations, and also will accept input from the public. A news release from the city did not address whether the meeting will tackle the findings of a recent city audit that revealed some disturbing things about the Parks and Recreation Department’s management of the city’s municipal cemeteries. The meeting will take place from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Jan. 24 at the Carver Branch of the Austin Public Library, 1161 Angelina St. The full plan will be available in mid-January.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?