About the Author
Mark Richardson is a multimedia journalist, editor and writer who has worked in digital, print and broadcast media for three decades. He is a nationally recognized editor and reporter who has covered government, politics and the environment. A journalism graduate from the University of Texas at Austin, he was recently awarded a Foundation for Investigative Journalism grant and has three Associated Press Managing Editors awards for excellence in reporting.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Cemetery Master Plan meeting Saturday
The final community meeting for the Austin Cemetery Master Plan process is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. Saturday. Team members will present an overview of the draft master plan as well as a brief synopsis of findings and recommendations, and will gather feedback from the public. Officials say the full draft plan was made available online in mid-January and will remain online for several weeks. Austin’s historic municipal cemeteries include Austin Memorial Park Cemetery, Evergreen Cemetery, Oakwood Cemetery, Oakwood Cemetery Annex and Plummers Cemetery. The city selected AmaTerra Environmental, Inc. to develop the master plan. Visit the city website or the special Cemetery Master Plan website for more information about the process. The meeting will take place at the Carver Branch of the Austin Public Library, 1161 Angelina St.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?