Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Carver museum celebrates its 40th
Friday, October 23, 2020 by Tai Moses
The George Washington Carver Museum, Cultural and Genealogy Center is turning 40 this Saturday, and like many 40-year-olds, the museum wants to party. The cultural facility’s 40th anniversary celebration – which begins at 3 p.m. and will be livestreamed on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and carvermuseumatx.org – features “musical performances by EimaraL Sol and Distinguished Soundz plus dancers, DJs, and guest appearances from community leaders, artists, and educators. The celebration will also honor community members who have committed themselves to the growth and development of Austin’s African American community.” RSVP on Eventbrite.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?