About the Author
Jo Clifton is the Politics Editor for the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
Discover News By District
Some candidate financial statements tardy
Wednesday, September 17, 2014 by Jo Clifton
City Council candidates are required to file detailed and notarized financial statements with the Austin City Clerk’s Office. While the majority of the 78 candidates vying for a position on Council have turned in their documents, there are several who have failed to do so, according to a spokesman in the City Clerk’s Office. The names of those who are now more than a week late in filing those documents include: Ronald Culver, who is running for mayor, Julian Fernandez, District 3; CarolAnnRose Kennedy, District 5; Samuel Osemene, District 1; Todd Phelps, mayor; Eric Rangel, District 3; and John Sheppard, District 2. The statements were due on Monday, Sept. 8. There is no automatic penalty for failing to file on time. However, opponents of those not quite following the law may decide to file a complaint.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?