About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
BoA keeps on keeping on
Wednesday, July 12, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
During Monday night’s meeting of the Board of Adjustment, board members voted unanimously to re-elect their current roster of officers. “I’d like make a motion to re-elect the suckers – I mean the fine ladies and gentlemen – that are presently serving for another term,” joked Board Member Bryan King. That means William Burkhardt will continue as chair of the board, and Melissa Hawthorne will continue as vice chair. “You do a fine job, William, I hope you would continue on and have really good health and attendance, as always,” said Hawthorne. “Likewise,” said Burkhardt. “We’ll keep slugging away then.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?