Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Beverly S. Sheffield Education Center at Barton Springs closing as part of renovations
Monday, August 21, 2023 by Eric Webb
Movin’ and shakin’ happening at Barton Springs Pool: The Beverly S. Sheffield Education Center will close on Sept. 5, according to the city, as part of the long-coming Barton Springs Bathhouse rehabilitation. Renovation construction will begin early next year, and during that time, the pool’s main entrance will move to the location of the education center. The center’s “Splash! Into the Edwards Aquifer” exhibit will close on Aug. 22 so it can be disassembled and moved in preparation. While pool patrons use the temporary entrance, the city hopes to create “an opportunity to educate pool visitors about the importance of protecting water and preserving salamander habitat.” Go to the city’s website for more info.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?