About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- ‘There is no cure’: Austin urges people to keep dogs away from possibly toxic blue-green algae
- Austin’s light-rail plans set to advance after narrowly dodging Texas-sized wrecking ball
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Good news, bad news from Legislature for Austin
Discover News By District
- City employees to protest telework policy Thursday
- AFSCME objects to Garza’s return-to-work plan
- Groups gather forces to protest dairy plant redevelopment
- If you’re interested in adopting a dog or a cat, the ongoing “300 Homes” adoption promotion is the time to do it
- Celebrate Marriage Equality by getting hitched
Benefit for CM Casar Wednesday
Monday, June 8, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
Though City Council Member Greg Casar won his District 4 seat with almost 65 percent of the vote, continued protests by his opponent, Laura Pressley, have led to big legal fees for Casar. This Wednesday, his supporters are throwing a benefit to help offset his legal costs, which have added up to more than $100,000 to date. The event will take place on June 10, from 5:30 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at the Hangar Lounge. More information can be found on Facebook.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?