Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Behind the scenes with ATCEMS
Thursday, January 19, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
Go behind the scenes of a 911 call with the Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services team‘s “What to Do When” series, public service announcements the agency will release that use example 911 calls to help the public prepare for common emergency situations. In the first six-minute video released yesterday, a caller secures an ambulance for a friend who is experiencing chest pains. It follows the entire process, from the initial contact with the dispatcher until EMS arrives at the home. They plan to tackle a range of situations, including how to handle car accidents and other medical emergencies (such as seizures or burns).
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?