About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Community Engagement Opportunity
Be a rep for those who get around by not-car
Wednesday, August 23, 2023 by Elizabeth Pagano
The city’s Bicycle Advisory Council and Pedestrian Advisory Council are both looking for new members, so if you are a bicyclist or pedestrian who would like to opine in a slightly more official capacity, get your application in before Sept. 10. Each council meets monthly and advises City Council on pedestrian and bicycle facilities and issues, with meetings usually focused on “briefings, recommendations to local agencies and community announcements,” according to an announcement by the Transportation and Public Works Department. Interested persons can find an application to the Bicycle Advisory Commission here and an application to the Pedestrian Advisory Commission here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?