About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- City to ban unsafe fence designs
- On-street light rail route selected as best option for city’s mass transit plan
- Public Safety Commission, APD reach a detente
- Austin light rail gets first approval amid looming Texas legislative threat
- As city ends remote and telework opportunities, county receives national recognition for its remote work initiative
Discover News By District
Barton Springs remains closed
Friday, December 21, 2018 by Elizabeth Pagano
Barton Springs Pool will remain closed pending final test results, which will be received today. The pool was closed Wednesday, Dec. 19, due to “an unusual level of turbidity” in the water, the cause of which is not yet known. To accommodate early swimmers, Deep Eddy Pool will open at 6 a.m.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?