Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Barton Springs Pool closing next week
Friday, February 10, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
Barton Springs Pool will be closed next week (Feb. 13-Feb. 20) so that crews can continue work on the Eliza Spring Daylighting Project. The project is an effort to improve the habitat for the Barton Springs and Austin Blind salamanders that live there. In order to fix a failing pipe in the north lawn, crews need to drawn down the pool. Because this is Texas and swimming weather can strike without warning, Deep Eddy Pool will have extended hours on those days (6 a.m.-7:30 p.m. on weekdays, 6 a.m.-7 p.m. on weekends).
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?