About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- City Council moves toward enshrining remote work options
- As Austin grows, real estate leaders look at state of city’s character, reputation
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
Discover News By District
Austin’s LOWV to host new officials
Tuesday, February 3, 2015 by Elizabeth Pagano
On Wednesday, Feb. 4, the League of Women Voters of the Austin Area is holding a reception for the region’s newly elected officials. The league has invited the 10 new members of City Council, Mayor Steve Adler, the Travis County Commissioners and County Judge Sarah Eckhardt. The reception will take place at the Austin City Hall Atrium from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. and is open to the public.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?