Most Popular Stories
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Qadri sets sights on closing ‘windowless-apartment loophole’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Travis Heights “gingerbread house” on track for historic landmark status
Discover News By District
Austin to host 2019 One Water Summit
Tuesday, July 2, 2019 by Tai Moses
Austin will be the site of a national gathering dedicated to brainstorming sustainable methods of managing fresh water, our planet’s most precious resource. Hundreds of water experts and stakeholders from across the country are expected to descend upon the city from Sept. 18-20 to share ideas for conserving and protecting water and water infrastructure. Austin Water, the city’s Watershed Protection Department and the Cynthia and George Mitchell Foundation are among the local hosts for the summit, which is organized by the national nonprofit US Water Alliance.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?