About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Austin remembers 2018 bombings
Thursday, March 21, 2019 by Elizabeth Pagano
Austin will observe the first anniversary of the Austin bombings at a memorial ceremony today. The ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. at City Hall, and speakers will include Mayor Steve Adler, City Manager Spencer Cronk, Police Chief Brian Manley and Pete Winstead, president of the Greater Austin Crime Commission. In 2018, five package bombs exploded around the city, killing two people and injuring five. The memorial program will remember those killed and injured and pay tribute to those who aided in the investigation.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?