About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Austin apartments boomed and rents went down. Now, some builders are dismantling the cranes.
- As Council prepped public support, local Google workers learned of layoffs
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
- Austin makes library cards free to people outside the city
Discover News By District
Austin Regional Clinic implements new protocol
Thursday, March 19, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
Austin Regional Clinic has launched a hotline and new safety protocols in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Clinic staff will now meet patients at the entrance of the clinics to screen for coronavirus symptoms and determine how check-in will proceed. Those who have symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who does, will be asked to return to their vehicle or another spot away from other patients until they can be escorted to an exam room. This process is intended to limit risks to others, as is a policy of limiting visitors to one per patient and discouraging visits unless necessary. More information and an informative video can be found on the ARC site. Call 866-453-4525 for the 24/7 hotline and to learn about treatment options.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?