Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
Discover News By District
Austin Public Health hosts community health forum
Tuesday, March 7, 2017 by Nina Hernandez
This week, Austin Public Health is hosting an open house on health in Austin and Travis County. The partnering organizations, which include Travis County Health and Human Services, Central Health, St. David’s Foundation and Seton Healthcare Family, would like to hear from residents about what they feel makes them and their neighborhoods healthy (or unhealthy) and suggestions for improving the health of the overall community. Yes, there will be snacks. The forum begins at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, March 8, at the Rosewood Zaragosa Neighborhood Center (2800 Webberville Road).
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?