Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Barton Springs bridge gets new rules
Discover News By District
Austin pro soccer gets a name, logo
Thursday, August 23, 2018 by Katy McElroy
Precourt Sports Ventures has released the name and logo for the Major League Soccer team that could be coming to Austin: Austin FC. The FC stands for “football club” and is a traditional inclusion in MLS team names. The logo, which was designed by the local independent brand studio the Butler Bros., has a color palette that consists of black, white and “bright verde.” Its two intertwined live oak trees symbolize “the bond between Club and City,” according to the press release, and the trees have four roots extending downward that represent the north, south, east, and west of Austin “coming together to make a powerful formation for our Club.” The team tagline would be “Grow the Legend” – Cultiva la Leyenda in Spanish.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?