Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport releases Environmental, Social, and Governance Report
Friday, July 21, 2023 by Eric Webb
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport on Monday announced the release of its inaugural Environmental, Social, and Governance Report. This type of report “is a framework used to assess an organization’s impact and performance in areas related to the environment, social responsibility, and corporate governance,” according to a news release. Topics found within, organized by section, include:
- Environment: climate resilience and adaptation, energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, water resources, waste and recycling management, procurement and resource management, wildlife protection and biodiversity.
- Social: employee well-being, community engagement, passenger satisfaction, and art and music programs
- Governance: airport oversight structure, economic impact, ongoing infrastructure projects, risk and emergency management, cybersecurity, data management and sustainability efforts.
As the airport notes in the announcement, the report focuses on data from 2021 and was compiled over 2022-23. Read the full report at the city’s website.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?