Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Cap Metro settles with city on East Austin real estate deal that paves the way for wastewater project
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
Austin Arts Hall of Fame grows by three
Friday, May 22, 2015 by Nora Ankrum
The Austin Critics’ Table has announced the addition of three new artists to the Austin Arts Hall of Fame. In recognition of their “significant and sustained contributions to Austin’s cultural life,” the honor goes to painter/muralist Fidencio Duran, choreographer Heloise Gold and composer/theatrical music director Allen Robertson. They will be officially inducted on June 1 at the Austin Critics’ Table Awards, which will be held at Cap City Comedy Club. This is the group’s 23rd year of bringing together arts critics from the Austin American-Statesman and The Austin Chronicle to recognize the achievements of local artists.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?