Most Popular Stories
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Texas Legislature could derail Austin’s transit expansion
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
Discover News By District
Art Boxes bring color to MetroRapid stations
Thursday, August 23, 2018 by Katy McElroy
Have you noticed that some Capital Metro stations are a little more vibrant lately? This summer, the transportation agency chose works by 12 artists to beautify utility poles at seven MetroRapid stations on Nos. 801 and 803 as part of the Art Box program, made possible by a grant from the Federal Transit Administration. This weekend, Capital Metro will be hosting a tour of six of the Art Boxes on the No. 801 route. Meet at the Little Texas Station on Saturday, Aug. 25, at 10 a.m. to pick up your free Transit Day Pass and participate. The ride will stop for viewings at Little Texas, St. Edward’s and SOCO stations, and artists will be in attendance to explain their work and the process of creating an Art Box.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?