Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
Starting a construction project? Check out the city’s permit wizard
Thursday, June 1, 2023 by Bob Sechler
If you’re considering a construction project and don’t know whether you need a permit, the city has you covered. Its “Do I Need a Permit?” wizard is designed to help you make that determination and find out whom you should contact. According to the city, the interactive wizard will help you do the following:
- Identify if a permit or application is required from the Development Services Department
- Determine the next step in the development process for your project
- Determine the appropriate DSD staff to provide further assistance
The wizard’s results are based on user input, so the city advises people to verify them with city staff. To begin using the wizard, just click on the “Let’s Get Started” button.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?