Most Popular Stories
- Garza makes major changes to city organization
- New forecast modeling puts Austin homeless population near 4,600
- Report: APD Training Academy curriculum review flawed, hampered by resistance to reform
- Landmark Commission stalls demolition at former summer camp in Northwest Hills
- Austin Public Health offers $50 gift cards for COVID vaccinations and boosters
Discover News By District
Annual march honors MLK Jr.
Tuesday, January 7, 2020 by Tai Moses
The annual Community March, organized by the Austin Area Heritage Council, honors the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and celebrates diversity in Austin. The march begins 9 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 20, at the MLK statue at the University of Texas campus, and continues to Huston-Tillotson University. Afterward, marchers and community members celebrate from 11:15 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at a festival featuring live music, food, kids’ activities, local artists and vendors from around the community. Individuals, businesses and nonprofit organizations are all welcome to march. This year marchers are asked to help support the Central Texas Food Bank with a donation of canned or nonperishable food. Find the march route, vendor applications and information about the food drive and volunteer opportunities here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?