Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Council considering allowing tiny homes, RVs as accessory dwelling units
- Are rents falling? Apartment association sees construction, weak demand causing ‘negative rent growth’
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Preservationists grapple with front lawn makeover at Tarrytown Tudor
Discover News By District
Community Engagement Opportunity
All hail the extended trail
Thursday, July 13, 2023 by Eric Webb
Are the outdoors currently encased in a cage of heat? Yes. Will it one day sound good to spend time in nature? Yes, probably. With that in mind: A celebration has been set to mark the completion of the Violet Crown Trail – North extension project. “The new urban trail extension connects to the 34-acre mixed-use Garza Ranch development on Ben Garza Lane in southwest Austin,” according to an announcement from Hill Country Conservancy. The ribbon-cutting party will happen from 9 to 10:30 a.m. on July 29 at the trailhead at 1200 Home Depot Blvd. Expect Popsicles, a nature walk, a family-friendly bike ride led by Ghisallo Cycling Initiative and music from the Crockett High School band. (Go Coogs.) Find more info here.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?