About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- ‘Little Luckenbach’ could link Sam’s Town Point to $270M South Austin entertainment district
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- City releases new telework standards for its employees
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
Discover News By District
AISD will not lower capacity at athletic events
Tuesday, August 24, 2021 by Elizabeth Pagano
Austin Independent School District has announced that athletic venues will operate at full capacity this year, though spectators are “encouraged to social distance when feasible.” According to a press release from the district, all visitors will be required to wear masks. Distancing and mask protocols, according to AISD, apply to home and away games for all sports. Previously, the district said that it would be operating sports venues at 25 percent capacity.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?