About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
- Barton Springs bridge gets new rules
Discover News By District
AISD to consider bonus funds for district staff
Tuesday, February 9, 2021 by Elizabeth Pagano
The Austin Independent School District is considering $1,000 “retention incentive benefits” for full-time staff and $500 payments for part-time staff. AISD trustees will vote on the benefits at their Feb. 11 meeting. A press release from the district explains that the bonuses are a way to recognize outstanding work throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. If approved, the money will be distributed in March to employees earning less than $150,000 a year. The measure is supported by Superintendent Stephanie Elizalde, who has “prioritized the need for this additional monetary award as staff continues to persevere through the many challenges of serving students during the pandemic,” according to the press release.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?