Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
AISD student artists nab record number of awards
Friday, March 15, 2019 by Tai Moses
The Austin Independent School District picked up a record number of awards at the statewide Visual Arts Scholastic Event on March 2. Honors went to a whopping 857 pieces of art created by Austin high school students; 95 of the works were selected to advance to the state competition. AISD students participate in VASE each year, where they are judged on the merits of their art, an interview and their artist statements. Naturally, you’re longing to see some of the work of these young artists. An exhibition of works by AISD student artists will be on display from March 25 to April 18 at the AISD Performing Arts Center, 1500 Barbara Jordan Blvd., open Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?