About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
AISD scraps weekend meals
Friday, April 3, 2020 by Elizabeth Pagano
Austin Independent School District will no longer provide weekend meals, starting this weekend, April 3. According to a press release sent out April 2, “The adjustment was necessary after the Texas Department of Agriculture changed its policy around reimbursement of weekend meals. Meal distribution on Friday will consist of a breakfast and a lunch for each student. For food assistance on the weekends, families may reach out to the Central Texas Food Bank.” The district will continue to provide meals for children under 19 during the week while school is closed. A list of locations where meals are available and details on pickups can be found on the AISD website.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?