Most Popular Stories
- Bee Cave residents sue city over proposed roadway
- Austin policy lets builders forgo red tape. The result? More affordable housing, less public input.
- New state law limits Austin’s Parkland Dedication Ordinance
- TxDOT ignored I-35 expansion health concerns, county says
- Austin joins fight against proposed private dam on South Llano River
Discover News By District
AISD helps seniors plan for the future
Tuesday, April 20, 2021 by Tai Moses
As high school seniors prepare for graduation, many are already thinking about the next step, which could include going to college, launching a career or entering the military. Austin ISD is helping seniors plan for the future by holding a week of virtual events and informational sessions devoted to colleges and careers. Seniors can get help with college or trade school applications, info about applying for federal student aid, and career advice. Students also have the opportunities to enter scholarship drawings, $1,000 from AISD and $2,500 from the Austin Chamber of Commerce. AISD urges all Class of 2021 seniors and their families to register for at least one of the virtual help sessions. Zoom sessions will run from 4:30-6 p.m., April 26-29.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?