Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Rep. Greg Casar files bill to connect Texas grid to rest of the country
- Lacking a sense of cultural belonging, many Black Austinites are relocating
- Austin-area school board president abruptly resigns and leaves meeting
- Possible Austin city manager candidate causes ‘s—show,’ but also sheds light on recruiting process
- Your ultimate guide to the I-35 expansion through Central Austin
Discover News By District
AISD flies the Pride flag
Friday, June 4, 2021 by Tai Moses
Pride Month, held every June, commemorates the Stonewall Uprising of 1969, which launched the nation’s gay rights movement. To honor Pride Month, the Austin ISD Pride Committee will be raising the Pride flag at the district’s Central Office on Friday, June 4. According to a news release, “The ceremony will reiterate the district’s commitment to LGBTQIA+ students, staff and families.” AISD will also be participating in the Austin Pride Parade on Saturday, Aug. 14, as well as offering professional development courses created by Out Youth’s Texas GSA Network, to help staff create supportive learning environments for LGBTQIA+ youth.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?