Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
Discover News By District
AISD conservation study to be presented
Thursday, September 17, 2015 by Nora Ankrum
Maxwell Sykes, a Climate Corps fellow with the Environmental Defense Fund, will present his findings today after conducting a 10-week study on energy conservation in the Austin Independent School District. The event will be hosted by AISD, EDF and Google, which provided a community grant to fund the fellowship. It will take place at Google Fiber Space, 201 Colorado St., from 5 to 7 p.m. The evening will begin with a celebratory reception preceding Sykes’ presentation at 6 p.m.
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?