About the Author
Elizabeth Pagano is the editor of the Austin Monitor.
Most Popular Stories
- Bathhouse working group suggests city start process to rename Barton Springs
- Demography map shows 90,000 new housing units wasn’t enough for Austin’s growth
- Austin Energy says e-bike rebate program on track to double in size
- Austin throws $2.6 million more into project converting hotel into housing for elderly people without homes
- Staff, City Council continue to work on HOME initiative
Discover News By District
AISD bond debate heats up
Monday, September 25, 2017 by Elizabeth Pagano
Tonight, political action committee “Save East Austin Schools,” also known as SEAS, will hold a public rally and press conference in opposition to Austin Independent School District’s $1.05 billion bond. A Facebook page for the event lists 12 points of opposition to the bond, and a press release about the rally promises, “The SEAS Political Action Committee (PAC) will reveal why it sees the school district’s bond package as unfair, discriminatory and inequitable in proposed funding for East Austin schools.”
Join Your Friends and Neighbors
We're a nonprofit news organization, and we put our service to you above all else. That will never change. But public-service journalism requires community support from readers like you. Will you join your friends and neighbors to support our work and mission?